Sunday, December 7, 2008

Decorating the Christmas Tree




It was wonderful to play Christmas music and watch all four children hang Christmas ornaments this year. It might sound like a simple thing but I have waited over 3 years to finally enjoy Christmas and all of the preparation with our daughter. I will cherish the moments for a lifetime. Even though many people worry about missing all the "firsts" when adopting an older child... I disagree because I enjoy and experience a "first" with Sydney each an every day.
Sydney is very excited about Christmas and Santa Claus but is tired of waiting for it to actually be Christmas Day (so she is like most other 6 year olds). Every time she sees something she wants, I say "OK maybe for Christmas" which is quickly returned with a "I no want to wait for Christmas, I need it today...please?"
Sydney did mention the other day that Santa Claus did not come see her in China (with a sad face) which I was prepared for and ready with an explanation but she didn't seem to even care about an explanation. She believes and is just happy that he will visit her this year.

No comments: