
We are about to begin our journey up one of the steepest sections of the Great Wall that has been restored.
Wow, It is really steep!
View from second tower
Still more to go!Click HERE for more pictures!
Today we went to the Great Wall of China. The weather was not as cooperative as yesterday but at least it did not rain. There were a lot of clouds and fog so the pictures of the Great Wall will not do it any justice.
First I will say that the Great Wall is nothing short of miraculous. I can see why it has been named one of the seven man made wonders of the world.
Second, It was MUCH more difficult than I thought to climb the wall. It was extremely steep and I did not realize how high the section was we were climbing. We were all a little scared to come down. Elizabeth made it to the first lookout tower which was extremely difficult. Mark and I reached the lookout tower almost to the top. Andrew and David made it all the way to the tower on the top of the mountain. We sure worked up a sweat and most likely will be sore tomorrow.
The view from the top was so amazing! I wish the pictures were better!









No comments:
Post a Comment